Friday, September 25, 2015

JEB! Social Media

When looking at Jeb Bush’s current online presence I found it to be much more informative than many other candidates’ websites I have looked at in the past. When looking at his website you can first identify what kind of person Jeb is. His bio starts off with meeting Jeb and that most importantly he is a family man at heart with pictures and quotes of when he first met his wife, who spoke little English, but he knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. I think this is a great way to start off any campaign website in that it makes the viewer look at Jeb as a thoughtful and caring person before you get into the important political aspects of it all. From there the website is filled with everything you need to know about Jeb and his platforms. From news about Jeb to his rollouts on the major important topics such as reform and growth, defeating Isis, border security, regulatory reform, and more. This is different from other candidates I have seen in that they may only have one or two rollouts that they discuss. Lastly, from getting to know Jeb and everything you could know about him it shows how you can volunteer or shop to better support Jeb.

Next, I will talk about some of the social media platforms that Jeb has that is especially important for us millennials in that we constantly use social media. Basically, I could only find twitter, Facebook, and You Tube videos that are very similar that shows where the campaign is at with videos and pictures of Jeb. The importance of all these social media platforms is that the internet has changed the way people communicate with one another. It presents great opportunities for Jeb in creating branding, exposure, and advertising in his campaign. Twitter is especially important I think because you can tweet and retweet to followers, who can either respond or share tweets with other individuals. It’s important for Jeb to be on social media because it’s where the people are and he needs to be there with them.


Knowing that there is a professional behind all of the social media you still need to have someone that can really relate to the campaign and what Jeb wants on there. I think whoever created the website he/she did a great job and really left nothing out. I could watch news and videos of Jeb for hours to better understand what he is about on his website. I think the plan for Jeb in boosting his online presence for 2016 is to keep doing what he is doing. In terms of social media he has everything you need to know and follow. However, not everyone uses all social media platforms so he should maintain active in all platforms so that everyone can participate. Lastly, messages on social media can be defined positively or negatively so the messages need to be defined right and precise. 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/17/jeb-bush-tweets-picture-of-911-aftermath-to-demonstrate-how-george-w-bush-kept-us-safe/

^^ This tweet announces how Jeb thinks his brother George Bush kept us safe during 9/11.. I think Jeb needs to stay clear from announcing things about his brother so the two arent related. That will be the downfall of Jeb if people start to think they two are similar. 

4 comments:

  1. Good post Justin. After reading your blog, I went to Jeb's website and was able to see exactly what you are talking about. His website is set up very nicely and very easy to use. He has all of his tabs right there on his front page so you do not have to go clicking on a bunch of tabs to find what you want. Jeb is very professional with how he goes about his social media platforms. I am blogging on Donald Trump and he does not take the same approach that Jeb Bush does. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce post, Justin. Jeb's website does seem to be very organized and laid out quite well. Perhaps it is from his family's campaign experience? Great read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if he ever posts things about other candidates in a negative or positive way? Also do you think it is hurting him that his social media accounts are all similar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very informative post, but you think Jeb might want to try to expand his social media use beyond the basic platforms you listed to expand his campaign?

    ReplyDelete